Tent Zipper Repair/Replacement

Any of you out there had any experience in getting tent zippers repaired or replaced?

I tried the manufacturer (big name) but the tent is out of production and they said they couldn't help and suggest that I consider buying one of their many newer model tents. Imagine that.

But I am sure that there are other places to get tent zippers repaired or replaced.

I am pretty sure this one will have to be replaced as there is about 1/2" of teeth missing from the zipper.

This is my favorite tent for car camping, summer camp, etc, where it does not have to be carried far (it's and *X10' "A" frame) - perfect for summer camp!, it is no longer in production and I really want to save this tent.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

We have had good sucess taking our tents to the local shoemaker. It doesn't hurt that this particular shop also does boat covers and such. They have the equipment to sew such heavy duty material and they may even have an outlet to procur the replacement parts you need.

The difficult part is finding a shoemaker these days.

I spent 10 days in my tent for summer camp. Last Wed the zipper broke, Thurday morning I attempted to repair it, Thursday night, and Friday morning I attempted to repair it. Friday night...zipper is now really broke...Sat morning tried one more time to repair the zipper...Sat afternoon I replaced the tent :)