Which brand and model for durable plastic patrol boxes?

Hey folks - I've been ruminating on the patrol box issue too for some time and I've decided to set aside my romantic notions of the old wooden patrol box.

What's your preferred brand and model for store-bought? Rubbermaid comes to mind but there are a lot of other products out there. Just wondering if anyone's come across the be-all-end-all solution :)

I've used the huge, wheeled Rubbermaid bins as patrol boxes. They're available at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and other "big box" stores. The other brands of wheeled totes may look similar, but their plastic is a lot more brittle. They crack easier -- stick with Rubbermaid. They're #1 for a reason.

Definitely Rubbermaid with wheels. We have been using the same ones now for over 5 years and I expect we will get at least another 5 years out of them. I think the 25 gallon size is what we use for the patrol's cooking/cleaning supplies. Fits a coleman stove, BSA pot/pan kit, BSA utensil kit, full assortment of tongs, spatulas, long forks, cutting board, griddle, hot pads, propane bottles, cleaning stuff, etc. One person can carry. They clean up easy. They're cheap. And you can get different colors for the different patrols.

I personally use this

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=77355

(If the page is out of date, go to sportsmansguide.com and use CAMPMATE ORGANIZER in the search field)

It is basically a plastic patrol box. It has divided compartments, shelves for spices, drawers for utensils, a tub for washing, and a place to store the stove. One adult can carry it loaded with supplies.

The drawbacks include it requires a table or stand. The handles are on the sides as recesses and only one hand will fit in the recess. Two adults can carry the box if necessary. It might be too heavy for first year scouts.

I stocked ours and then went on a week camping trip with the family. My wife had no input into the contents but was able to cook all the meals for our family for the week with no difficulty. The only thing I left out according to her was a basting brush. That is supplies issue not the container so I get the de-merit not the box.

I was able to get mine from Sam's warehouse on sale for $20. Now I wish I had bought a couple.(This message has been edited by resqman)

Stanley "Job Box"... they cost $50 at Home Depot but I use them at work (home repair) to hold a few hundred pounds of tools and to stand on top of. Empty box wieghs almost nothing, they have wheels, pull out handle, a removable tray (that fis in the above mentioned handle), are lockable and don't take on water even when transproting in the rain in my open trailer.

Box size is 21 X 36 X 21(tall)

See it at http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/165805_3.jpg