Great Cub Encampment, wish more attended

I have talked here before the Cub Encampment that I attended this week, and I just want to say that I got back a few years ago and I just wanted to say that I was really impressed. The staff from summer camp made it a great time, they led the boys, and the Cubs looked up to the boys.

I only wish that we had more than the 24 boys ini attendance. Each session was slotted for 150. But all that did go enjoyed themselves.

My son said that he cannot wait until next year.

Unfortunately it wasn't promoted, promoted, and promoted some more in my district. Now next year I am hoping attend, it just depends upon when i can get vacation AND if i am not PD for CSDC. Right now it's a go, but I need th edates confirmed and vacation confirmed before committing.

No matter what though, this "Program Freak" will be promoting it.

I can say that there will be one thing that I should be working on that may help. Maybe a promotional video like they use for Summer Camp. I guess that I could use some of the 250 photos that my son and I took. Plus my ACM took a bunch of video of the boys doing the activities.

I am just kind of curious on how the Webelos are doing. I know that they are probably haveing a little bad weather.

Here is to a better year next year.

One thing we just approved at the district comittee meeting last nite was having the OA create a 3-5 minute video promoting CSDC. I saw my old lodge's camp promo and it was very well done, and that gave me the original idea. Also the United Way agency I am a volunteer with, which still supports BSA programs I might add, also did a "homegrown" video for this year's campaign,a nd it was also well done.

Maybe your chapter, and/or our lodge can do it?