Has anyone applied waterproofing to tents? What we are looking for is some other than the cans you can buy anywhere. We are wanting to rewaterproof 15 tents. These are 4 man tents so we would like waterproofing we could put in a garden sprayer and spray them all at once. Does anyone know where we could find such a product?

These tents do not have any major leaks just they are a little old and we will be using them at summer camp.

Thanks for all suggestions.

kbandit,

I've never done this myself, so I can't guarantee results, but I've heard of some folks using Thompson's Waterseal products for waterproofing their tents. It can be applied using a garden hose and sprayer.

Anybody else ever done this?

Don't just put the Waterproofing on with the sprayer, make sure you seam seal them again also - this MAY be of more value than the waterproofing you are trying.

One way to seam seal is to use Clear Silicone Caulk and thin it with solvent then paint it on. Check on one piece of similar material or in a hidden corner for any unwanted effects before you do them all this way. It's very inexpensive but it doesn't work well with ALL materials.