Hi Bill,

Sounds like we all did the right thing this weekend. They closed my work place on Friday afternoon because of the storm, so we went home for the day. Dayton got hit with between 15" and 24" of snow this weekend, so we decided to stay home and make the trip up to Cleveland next weekend, weather permitting.

Glad to hear everyone survived the weekend to camp another day ;).

I am looking at some of the same problems. We have our first Cub Scout Campout this weekend. We are looking at 40% chance of rain saturday night. I will be talking to the parents this week about what they would like to do. Watching the weather right now they are saying late saturday and saturday night. I am hoping that it is just sprinkles.

I am also going to tell the parents to expect rain. AND BRING RAIN GEAR. I think if we are ready for it with rain flys and dining flys then we should be OK. I also think that I will need to tell them to make sure they waterproof everything in their packs.

Hope all goes well

Unless you're talking about hurricanes and floods, a little rain (and 40% chance isn't that high) isn't the worst thing. Just maybe throw a couple of extra dry items into the trunk of the car for "just in case" emergencies. Wet sleeping bags aren't fun for anybody, let alone for little cubs on their first big camp out.

Oak Tree,

Bring your boys to most any part of Ohio between December and March and we should be able to accommodate you. The closer you get to the eastern suburbs of Cleveland, the better your chances of camping in an over-abundance of snow. If you find that it isn't snowing at the time, just wait about 30 minutes.