This is best place I have found to get info.

http://199.134.225.50/nwcc/t1_pnw2/2006/cavity-lake/media-updates/

Last week no one was worried about the turtle lake fire, the plan was let it burn to the portages and than contain it.

As of Saturday the Canadians where going to help fight the Cavity Lake fire. Because it was heading toward them.

From what I read, if you stay out of the blow down area, you should still be able to have campfires. I cannot find the map of the blow down area but it is on the website I posted.

They got almost an inch of rain today that should help, with a 83% chance of more rain.

(This message has been edited by dan)

Howdy Baden,

I live in Southern MN, but have been following the fire reports on the Mpls news as I am going myself soon. I was also up there the weekend the fire started. I usally make two to three trips a summer to heaven(read BWCAW). They had heavy rain on Sunday - not enough to put out the fire, but did help some" , they are actually rethinking the number of Fire Fighters the are brining in and are reducing the numbers drasticly. It is contained for the most part and now are being more defensive and planning more back fires, etc. It sounds like it is widing down.

Happy paddling,

Eaglebeader

Thanks to Dan and Eaglebeader for the updates. i'm looking forward to the trip. I haven't been to the BWCA for 8 years. I have some trepidation about the blowdown area. I have such great memories about the tall pines

We just returned from the Atikoken Base on the Canadian side. Quentico Park didn't have any fires (that we were aware of) and there were no travel restrictions on where we could go. There was a campfire ban throughout Onterio though. The Bisset base was closed however due to the fires. I have no information on the US side.