transporting camping gear & equipment

I'm looking for some suggestions for storage containers to transport my troop's (i.e. each patrol's) camping equipment & gear for weekend trips. We have been using some large HD plastic containers which are available in the large home improvement stores, Walmart, etc. I think we might do better with a container that has 2 'real' handles (to assist with carrying by 2 Scouts), as well as enough capacity for a patrol's cook kit, utensils, foodstuffs, cleaning supplies, spices, etc. Tents would continue to either be carried by hand or attached to Scouts' backpacks. Dutch ovens? Well, we haven't worked out a really simple way to carry those yet!

Your thoughts on what to use?? Has anyone found a convenient, yet rugged, container at any of the mail order houses? As always, I look forward to your replies. Thanks!

I like those big plastic Rubermaid type containers. They have handles built into the ends for carrying, are big enough for all the patrol gear, and are not to heavy/bulky for 2 smallish boys to wrestle with. I would use a separate container for food however. You don't want food in the same container as cleaning supplies in case of a leak. Also, in most cases the food would be staying in the cars & not in tents or out at the campsite where animals could get into it.