Our Troop mainly base camps (car camps I guess). We have Patrol kitchen boxes (chuck boxes). So, we have old stainless steel Patrol mess kits. If complete, they have a large pot, a smaller pot, 4 plastic partitioned plates, small coffee pot, the two tops for the two pots, a small fry pan, a large fry pan, and two slip type handles that go into slots on the two fry pans.

These kits are old, but some are as recent as 5 years. They're heavy duty and last. All of this stuff nestles into the big pot, and is topped off by the big fry pan. Works great, and I've seen a lot of Troops use them for their Patrols.

Unfortunately, over the years as the Scouts have used and abused these kits, the large fry pans have disappeared. I can't find them anywhere in our storeroom, and the Scouts have no idea where they could be (right.............) Educated guess is that they burned something in the large fry pan so bad, that they didn't want to attempt to clean it, so they threw it away.

Sorry for the long note, but I want to buy some of these large fry pans and complete these kits again. The big pot is around 6 quarts, and the circumference of the kit and fry pan is around 12 inches. Admittly, I'm guessing. These appear to be pretty standard around our Council, but no one can give me any ideas on where to find parts for these kits. All we need is 6 of these large fry pans, and we'd be back in business.

Any ideas or sources?

Thanks,

sst3rd

Sorry, we use the nested aluminum kits. Without the plates and cups. The skilet top is used more for food prep as we use cast iron skillets and 3 legged 8 or 10 quart duch ovens. 2 skillts per patrol and one dutch oven.

The scouts are expected to provide their own plates, cups and eating utensils.

We have found that the cast iron is easier to clean, harder to lose, and fairly easy to replace via auctions or garage sales. I think we currently have 10 to 12 spare skillets and 3 or 4 spare dutch ovens. All donated to the troop by members.

yis