Potential New Seabase and Camp Grounds for Pacific Area Scouts

I'm working on a new project for our area. As a suggestion to our new DE in January, I asked if we can retain an island off Guam for a Sea Base and permanent Camp Ground for area Scouts. A week later, the DE told me the territorial agency responsible for that property loves the idea(Something about Budget Cost cutting measures). Our Council is sending out a rep to look over the site. We're gonna recon the area later this month.

Our goal is to market this Sea Base/Camp to the Scout Associations in Japan, Korea, and Australia as a year long training site. We already have sister unit's camping here annually. It's summer here all year. PLUS, we have some great dive sites here and throughout Micronesia.

Any suggestions from the forum that may help us.

Matua

No recomendations or suggestions as this is way out my experience but keep us posted and good luck!

yis

(if you have any Guam type or Pacific Ocean camping, cooking or survival tidbits, please post them in a thread already started, hate to see that sort of information not get passed on and that sort of info should be interesting to the rest of us landlocked types)