Homemade denned or den chief cords??

I was at a cub resident camp and some scouts hade these home made denner, and den chief cords. They were thicker, longer and better quality than the ones at scout store. Has anyone see. These, or made them? Or know how to make them? I wish I asked the pack where they got them.

If you go to an army navy depot, you will find shoulder cords for various purposes for sale. Take a look at one. You will see how to tie some cord in that fashion. Get some paracord, and make your own.

Making home-made gizmos for the uniform such as little leather dangles or claw necklaces and such is a time-honored tradition.

I am going to suprise some people, but I actually like the idea of a homemade cord. Just try to keep it as close in style and color to the official item. Sometimes a homemade item like this will mean more to a Scout than the store bought one.

Maybe the troop could buy the supplies and the Scouts could make their own cords similiar to the way some troops make their own neckerchief woggles.(This message has been edited by johnponz)

"I just have no idea how to weave the cord so to look proper."

There should be places on-line to find out braiding instructions.

I would think the cords used 2 ply. (ie, 2 paracord cords braided or woven together should do). But its been awhile since I've looked at denner cords.