bsa switchback supplex pants measurement

hi everyone, first post here. can anyone please tell me the standard inseam measurement for the original switchback pants in supplex nylon that came with a 34" waist and the ankle zips?

thanks so very much.

Gnome

follow up question:

since nobody seems to know the inseam measurement, does anyone happen to know if the original switchbacks (with leg zips) can be hemmed to length?

thanks so much

Gnome

I understand that folks who wanted the zip offs shortened most often had a seam put in above the zippers.

Unfortunately, this sometimes put the zipper at an uncomfortable spot for kneeling.

The _original_ supplex nylon Switchback pants were an olive drab green (at least when new) as opposed to the somewhat darker green of the current Switchbacks. The main distinction between the two versions is that the original Switchbacks had hemmed zip-off legs of standard lengths with zippers at the ankles, while the current Switchbacks have unhemmed legs and no ankle zippers.

Difficult to shorten the legs of the original Switchbacks because of the ankle zipper at the bottom and the leg zipper at the top. You could run a fold around the middle of the leg (above the ankle zipper) to shorten them.

I solved the problem by fishing some shock cord through the bottom hem of the legs to "elasticize" them, tying off each end of the shock cord next to the ankle zipper, so the zipper can still be used. The elasticized hems fit snuggly around my boot tops, preventing the excess length from dragging, and helping keep out ticks and other critters.

I think the original switchback came in S, M L, XL (not sure how large) and an inseam length. I have two M pants - one with 34 and one with 32 inseam. With the elastic waist and nylon belt, the fit a decent range of waists.