Recommendation for shirt

I'm just getting back into scouting after a few years hiatus (I was a Cub, my oldest boy is an Eagle, my youngest is now a Tiger and I'm his den leader).

I have the long sleeve poly microfiber shirt. It's not bad, but I'd like to pick up a short sleeve shirt for this Summer when I take the to Tigers to day camp (I'll be there all week).

Should I go Nylon Supplex or "Cotton Rich" poplin? Any thoughts appreciated...

-Scott

I own one of each and like them each for differnt reasons, the polin is thicker and is warmer when wet as it does not breathe as well as the supplex. That is also the precise reason I prefer the supplex for the summer as it breathes and dries much more quickly. for hot humid, I would go with the supplex (that is our summers in the upper right corner of the country) for cooler, damper weather (in your corner from what I'm told) the polplin may be the better choice.

I think the cotton/polyester poplin looks better, it has more shape and takes a press better. The nylon supplex feels better to me, and breathes better too. It doesn't wrinkle but it doesn't hold a crease either, since creases are really intentional wrinkles that makes sense to me. I'd probably chose the nylon supplex for camp.

If you go for the supplex nylon, I just got an email that all nylon uniform items are on sale buy 1 get 1 free (free item equal or lesser value) at scoutstuff.org and all scout shops. It also said sizes were limited. I wonder if this is a closeout since the new micro fiber uniforms were introduced.