Sizing on ladies shirts?

I didn't do much research before I bought my current uniform shirt, just went into the Scout shop and bought one that fit the best. Well, it's a men's shirt and I really don't like the way it fits or the material. Scoutstuff.org has the Centennial Ladies Boy Scout Uniform Shirts in the closeout section for $4.98 and I've finally decided to just break down and buy a new shirt before I go to Wood Badge in April. Looking at the sizes available it seems that the sizing is done by chest measurement. Does anyone know if the measurement listed is for the shirt itself or for the measurement you get when measuring yourself?

The ladies shirts fit me comfortably loose in the bust based on the shirt size, but I'm pear shaped and find I need to buy a size bigger (then I measure at home) to have room to tuck it in appropriately (they're not blouses like they used to be).

The clearance shirts run pretty true to size in the letter sizes. They are huge in the upper numbered sizes. All the female leaders in my pack ordered together and this is what we found.

I agree, the price is sweet. I plan to stitch down the bellows pockets.

I've been married 25 years and have a daughter and sister. I've yet to fathom the complex world of women's sizing for clothes. I have learned that if I buy the wrong size, I loose - too big or too small. So you can guess my solution.

I have noticed however (bracing for attacks) "good looking" women look good in any size clothing (unless way undersized) and "not so good looking women" look not so good regarless of the clothing size.

Thanks for all of the info and the size chart. I guess now I just have to figure out what size to order. I'm in the process of dropping some extra pounds and I don't want to end up with a shirt that will be huge by next year but I also don't want one that I have to shrink into. For the price I might just order two and hope that one is the right size!