Favorite materials/fabrics in the current uniform

I am getting back into Scouting after a decade away, in college etc. In that time the uniforms have changed, and I have grown! I'm off to buy a new uniform soon and now I see all sorts of options: cotton/nylon shirts, Canvas/Nylon Switchback pants...I don't know which is best/preferred among most Scouters. If it helps for reference, I'm in Minnesota and will be camping in the summer and active at events throughout the year.

I have the supplex nylon shirt, and I think it is great. I still have some of my original normal cotton/polyester blend shirts from years ago, and I definitely prefer the Supplex for durrability and use regardless of the activity. A few of our leaders purchased other versions of the shirts, and I don't even think they look right.

For me, the supplex switchbacks are a great pants, again regardless of the activity. I can wear these things on the trail or at meetings. I can wear them as shorts or long pants. My brother has been complaining a lot about the most recent versions because the length to the zipper is too long (making the shorts too long for his comfort). I managed to get plenty of the previous version switchbacks that are several inches shorter to the zipper (great short length), and they still have the zipper at the bottom to ease removing the lower leg without removing your shoes (great on the trail).

I suppose the canvas versions could be nice, but since I'll be using these camping and backpacking, the supplex is lighter and can easily be washed out and dried in a hurry, for me I'll stick with the supplex.

Welcome to the forums! I'll predict that you'll get as many preferences as there are replies so my advice is to try them on and wear whatever you like best. When these topics were discussed in the past, I seemed to stand alone in liking the old scout long pants but I held my ground and those indestructible polyester monstrosities will continue to drape my frame until I 'grow' some more. By the way, I suspect that 'growth' is code for something less flattering.;) If so I sympathize.

Anyway, just pick whatever is best for you and don't worry about what the herd is doing. That's my 0.02.