Specif ic patch placement on Centenial uniform

Okay, I'm not sure where I saw it, but I saw a diagram showing a slightly different right sleeve patch placement on the centenial uniforms.

I just got my trained patch and unlike the older shirts where you had the leader specific patch on the arm and the trained patch directly under it...With the centenial shirt, I know the leader specific postion patch now goes on the gadget pocket on the sleeve. But what about the trained patch?

I saw where it specifically went a while back, but can't remember where I sw it.

I'm thinking it was either on the pocket flap ot maybe the bottom hem of the sleeve( on a short shirt that is) .

Anybody know? And can you show me a source?

Thanks............Mark

Also, to make it possible to put the trained patch ON the sleeve pocket flap, they shrank the patch.

For Boy Scouts and leaders, they should be wearing the tan & olive trained patch.

For Cub Scout leaders and those in Venturing, should be wearing the red-gold trained patch.

EMB,

Since you are THE MAN with reference to Venturing, do you know which trained strip is suppose to be worn? Also do you know if they will eb coming out with a green and white trained strip like I've seen in the unofficial catagory, but works alot better than the tan and red?

"Since you are THE MAN with reference to Venturing, do you know which trained strip is suppose to be worn?"

red & gold trained strip for Venturing. Somehow this is overlooked by some who think the red & gold is only for Cub Scout leaders (why, I have no idea, since the Cub Scouts don't wear trained strips, and the leaders will be in tan, like Boy Scout leaders).

"Also do you know if they will eb coming out with a green and white trained strip like I've seen in the unofficial catagory, but works alot better than the tan and red?"

Never? I really don't expect them to do this. They refuse to come out with knots on spruce green and THEN go after the people who do make knots on spruce green.

"Never? I really don't expect them to do this. They refuse to come out with knots on spruce green and THEN go after the people who do make knots on spruce green."

I really don't understand this train of thought. I look at the scouter knots like a military ribbon. They Military does not change the colors on the ribbons so they can match the uniform color. All the knot colors make up which award the knot represents.

Mark M.

Hendricks,

once upon a time, BSA would put the knots on colored backgrounds, specifically white or navy for Sea Scouts, green for Explorers. Trust me the khaki background knots on Sea Scout whites look VERY bad.

Also in ref to military ribbons, the ribbon is multicolored in toto. With BSA knots, while the knot itself represents the award recieved, the colored background was originally intended to match the shirts. That's why most CS knots have a blue background, formt he time 'Den Mothers" wore the blue dresses and blouses.

Correction, most CS awards are either on a blue background or yellow background b/c of the colors of the ladies blouses. Sometime int he 60s I belive the yellow blouse became popular.