Should Unit Numerals touch Council Patch if No Veteran Unit Bar?

"I came across this recent video with a youth wearing the BROWNSEA strip between the CSP and unit numbers and and BROWNSEA temp insignia."

When Brownsea Double-Two was rolled out as part of the "All Out For Scouting" program, the youth were to strip their uniform (much as the adults were to strip their uniform for WB) by wearing the Brownsea strip in place of their RWS, and a special one-piece "22" patch in place of their unit number.

This was to be done ONLY for the Brownsea course, removing the strip and numeral after the course and restoring their normal RWS, unit numbers, etc. (just as adults in WB would restore their uniform after WB, or youth restore their uniforms after their Jamboree troop was over).

Since Brownsea Double-Two stopped being an official training event in the late-70s/early-80s, doing this would no longer be kosher. Sadly, some council who choose to call their JTLC/NYLT/etc course 'Brownsea', think its ok to still do this. I don't think so.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emb,

Yep we took off the regular unit number and replaced it with 22, wasn't an all in one BTW, BUT youth were told that the strip could be kept on after the course was completed. Interesting thing about the video is that it was made Since Aug 2008 when the new loops came out.

They actually created a special one-piece 22 unit number for Brownsea Double-2. It was in the same color scheme as the "Brownsea" strip: yellowish lettering, border on brown material.

Sadly, I don't have a complete Brownsea Double-2 syllabus. I got what I thought was a complete All Out for Scouting syllabi off eBay, but found that most of the Brownsea section was missing. :(