Baltimore Area Council to Pilot Alternative Field Uniform

John,

Would a poly wool blend work for ya?

http://scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&C3=USHIRTS&C4=&LV=3&item=695BSSSS&prodid=695BSSSS^8^01RTL&

and

http://scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&C3=USHIRTS&C4=&LV=3&item=696BSLSS&prodid=696BSLSS^8^01RTL&

Looks like they have the BSA strip sewed on, the flag is a patch instead of a sticker, the pcokets are flat, AND NO SMOKES POCKET!

Left pocket is still sew down all the way, btu a seam ripper solves that problem. Still no pocket buttons.

hmm a tight fitting shirt, ill pass ;) i like the uniform however if they want they can make all class B's look the same although even that i dont know if id like because i have seen some awful class B uniforms/

I own some UA LooseGear. It isn't all tight fitting, even though they like to show their stuff on muscular athletic forms. The article says it will be priced comparably to the current uniform. And as far as I know, there is no prototype yet. From looking at UA's site, I speculated that it might be based on their Tactical Gear as it is the only thing that looks anything like a current scout uniform. I suppose they could go the direction some country's programs have gone and do polo shirts.

"Still no pocket buttons."

Actually, I took a look at the new poly-wools at NOAC.

They DO have pocket buttons on both buttons. BUT what the did was put the button on the BACK of the pocket flap, with the button slit on the shirt pocket. Made it a bear to button them.

The main difference I was with these new poly-wools over the past shirt was the button placement on the flaps and the buttons themselves. They area all the light tan buttons on the centennial shirt and not the brown ones on the current shirts.