What epaulets are appropriate to wear as a member of national jamboree staff in 2010? I am staffing as a member of Venturing, so I was also wondering what patches are appropriate for wear on the tan uniform (or if I should be wearing one at all, as I am not affiliated with a troop). I have seen folks wearing a "Venture" strip above the OA flap, but I have never been sure if this was simply appropriate for a venturing patrol of a troop or a Venturer wearing a tan uniform while they are staffing a Boy Scout event or summer camp.

Staff members wear the regular uniform that wear at home. NO ONE on staff should be changing their uniform in terms of loops or the like. (ie, we are all put into 'jamboree troops', but no one expects us to put those troop numbers on our uniform, nor should you be wearing gold loops just cause you are on jamboree staff).

The green/gray Venturing uniform is a BSA uniform. If you are involved in Venturing back home, wear that uniform at Jamboree. That's what all of us involved in Venturing will be doing. Those involved in venturing do NOT wear the tan uniform. Venturers are specifically prohibited from wearing the tan uniform, and the spruce green loops are NOT to be worn on the tan shirt.

If you are only involved with a crew, wear the green shirt with the spruce green loops, CSP, crew numbers, etc.

The "Venture" strip has NOTHING to do with Venturing. That strip is for boys involved in their troop's Venture Patrol.

Yep Emb is correct, you wear the uniform from home. You just have that nice Jambo staff patch. Also As Emb said, the 'Venture" strip above the BSA strip is for Venture patrol members of a troop.

I should have pointed out that part of the confusion is that the Jamboree Staff Guide sadly ignores the fact that some of the staff are involved in Venturing/Sea Scouts and wear those uniforms. They somehow thing that everyone wears the tan BSA uniform, and its not so.

And sadly, some read the guide and think they need to go out and get a tan BSA uniform. YOU DON'T!

Those of us involved in Venturing will be wearing the green Venturing uniform. You will see us in several photos from the Jamboree. Further, those involved in Sea Scouts will be wearing the Sea Scout uniform (usually the tan, white or chambray blue as appropriate). There should be a Sea Scout booth manned by Sea Scouts and leaders in sea scout uniforms, and the Venturing Mine exhbit will be staffed by Venturers and adults in the green Venturing uniform. And there will be other venturers and adults in other areas.

I own the older tan uniform from previous involvement, and I was confused by the fact that the guide didn't even mention the Venturing green or Sea Scout blue, yes. That is very helpful for me to know, especially with the release of the new Centennial uniform. Thanks! You have been very helpful!