vintage uniform information sources

Ok long story short, I need information on what a complete 1950s den mother uniform would consist of, i.e hat insignia, etc. All I have to work on is the 1950s Den Mother's Handbook and that just shows a picture without going into details. So what are some good internet sites and books that may be able to help tell me what the components are.

Contact the folks at PTC.

There was a guy in my week (2008 Relationships) who had a portable Scouting museum. Lots of technical uniforming... I mean, he could talk about not only design changes, but when National Supply dropped purchase orders.

He's down in Texas is the one thing I remember. He wasn't in my course, and I didn't grab one of his business cards. I'm hoping the permanent staff at PTC can connect the dots.

There is a book written by Mitch Reis that is about the uniforms of the BSA from the movements beginning until 2006. I have a copy and it would cover the Den Mothers uniform of the 1950's...in fact I would go so far as to say that Mitch may be able to help you in locating one as he does trade in Scouting memoribilia. I believe his web address is: www.mitchreis.com