Commissioners Arrowhead Award

Hello all!

For those of you out there who are commissioners and are wondering where the arrowhead award goes on the new uniform. I have an answer for you..

I talked to a guy from national two weeks ago while @ College for Commissioner Science. I also work for National SG and this was confirmed earlier this week...

The arrowhead award will be worn in between the sleeve pocket and the CSP.. Commissioners should not be wearing unit number on the old or the new uniform so this will be the new universal spot for wearing this award.

Of course there will be people who will adamantly refuse to wear it in the new spot because " Ive worn it there for 10,000 years now! Why should I change?!" But, this will be in the new Uniform and Insignia Guide that should be released VERY soon.. Ive been told it will be on the web for download before it is published and available at National Scout Shops..

Hope this helps!

Sounds interesting. I am not sure that I like that, as a first impression, but it does make sense, as a UC should not wear unit numbers. On the same lines, neither should a unit scouter wear the arrowhead in on anything but a commissioner's shirt.

Actually, I have one multi-use shirt with hook-and-loop numbers, POR and arrowhead. I recently removed the arrowhead loop, but on the odd occasion that I would wear this shirt as a commissioner, I guess I can put the arrowhead in that spot.

Maybe there is a little method behind the madness.

Nah.

• 1 month later...

This is mentioned in to Fall/Winter issue of "The Commissioner", http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/14-975_08_FallWinter.pdf

"Change in Position on Uniform of Commissioner Arrowhead Honor

Based on the new uniform design, it has been approved for the commissioner Arrowhead Honor emblem to be worn on the left sleeve of the commissioners uniform immediately below the council strip. This replaces the previous location of below the badge of office for commissioners."