Sports Jacket

I heard from my uncle who is a long time scout that i can wear a sports jacket with an eagle patch on it......is this correct?!

can i do this is it formal, i will be attending my cousins eagle ceremony and i woudl like to be dressed formally.....i do not have a uniform that fits, and i feel if i can set up a blazer for this, i can save it for special occasions like this.

opinions?!

rules?

also should i use a black one a blue one? is there a standard?

thanks alot guys, im new to the forum (my first post) so if im not following any rules or anything just let me know!

Nooooo . . . However, it is acceptable to wear your Eagle medal on a sport/suit coat.

If you did choose to wear an Eagle patch on your jacket, most likely no one would call you out for it but they would talk about you after you left. "Did you see that guy with the Eagle patch?"

(This message has been edited by Gold Winger)

Sounds good to me.

I wonder if your uncle is confused by the "Scouter Dress Uniform" which is a blue blazer and grey trousers, on the blazer pocket you wear a patch to indicate which program you're involved in (Cubs, Boy Scouts, Venturing)? To many the logical extension would be to wear an Eagle patch. But that's not "by the book"

Yep, that's it.

However, since you're not going as a Scouter and only representing yourself, there's no need to wear the dress uniform.

What you described earlier is perfectly acceptable. As would be a grey suit. Or a tweed jacket and dress pants.

Funny thing is, the only professional that I've ever seen in the Dress Uniform is the manager of the Scout Shop. The DE, SE, and all others if they aren't in the tan and green uniform, they're wearing "appropriate business attire."

Have fun.

Bigwiggen

The Eagle Rank Patch and the Eagle Knot are only for wear on a uniform Shirt not a dress uniform jacket or a non-uniform suit or jacket.

You were givin the corect information earlier in the thread, the correct recocognition to wear is the Eagle Scout medal, which is normally worn opinned to the lapel or breat pocket.

Have a nice time at the court of honor.

BW