Lion Cub and Webloes

At a scout function, I was asked since I had come up through scouting, why I was not wearing the Arrow of Light Knot. I have to regress to 1956 when I was 10. I had earned all the ranks in Cub Scouts along with many arrow points. Webloes seemed to be new but I went to several Boy Scout to learn all the requirement. In my scout history form (written in long hand) I received from the council, it stated "transfered to Boy Scouts".

I could not give an answer to the question put before me. I do remember wearing a Webloes symbol on my uniform. Our pack folded after I transfered to Boy Scouts and I do not remember the pack number.

Does anyone have any idea if I may be qualified for the Arrow of Light Knot?

If memory serves me right, the Arrow of Light was once called the WEBELOS AWARD. this was when the ranks were only Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, and Lion. When they changed the Lions to WEBELOS, then the award became the AOL. Hence anyone who earned the old WEBELOS award can wear the AOL Know. But the insignia control Guide would haev the best answer.

Absolutely. As you noted, the current "Arrow of Light" patch worn by youth members was called the "Webelos award" from 1941 to 1967. When the current Webelos rank was created in 1967 (replacing the Lion rank ), the former Webelos rank was renamed the "Arrow of Light". Scouters who earned the patch under the old system are eligible to wear the knot