Insignia Guide and Boy Scouts

I found the Boy Scout section to be the best, most complete section.

As already mentioned in one of the parent threads, the Varsity stuff should be moved out of the Boy Scout section, since it has its own section.

The picture on p. 18 shows two service stars. Nowhere in the Insignia Guide does it state how far apart these stars are supposed to be. It has always been and is still indicated this way on the inspection forms (http://www.scouting.org/forms/34048.pdf). Id like to see that kept here. I'm surprised that it's been removed in recent editions.

Under Musician, it refers to the Quality Unit Award, which should now technically be the Centennial Quality Unit Award.

The Good Turn for America patch should be listed on page 27.

The BSA Lifeguard award should include Scouter. Im surprised at this omission here, because most of the awards are carefully and correctly assigned to their proper eligibility guidelines.

The Mile Swim award can also be earned by Scouters (most references indicate this, but the closest I could find to official documentation was scoutstuff.org).

>Nowhere in the Insignia Guide does it state how far apart these stars are supposed to be.

It is in the 1986 Insignia Control Guide. My earliest version is 1983 and the layout is much the same as the current version. The guide could use a complete overhaul. The online version is a good start, but it is just a copy of the paper version. It needs more context. I would love to see not only how to wear the insignia, but the background as well.

For example, it took me ages to find info on the Young American Award. It is not even in the guide!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_American_Award

Ed