Beret for part of uniform

To get the red 70's beret, the coolest part of any era's scouting uniform, I would go to Ebay, at the time of this post there were 5 available. Then again, other auction services may have more, but you will have to find them used as they aren't made anymore

If you were part of a Venturing Crew, then you could desgin your own uniform and possibly sport a raspberry beret The kind you find in a second hand store...

and yes, I am a prince of a fellow

My son's troop special orders them from the company that makes them for the military. (Ours are green, not red). Here's their link and if you move your cursor over "caps" and go down to "military berets" you'll find a variety of options. They will customize for your troop.

Word to the wise if you're just thinking about moving in this direction: these berets are hot in the summer. In the winter, they don't offer enough coverage (down around the ears) to be practical either. If you don't shave them and form them properly you look like you're wearing some sort of goofy chef hat. Anyone with longish hair will probably look silly in a beret no matter what you do with it (so much for female leaders with long hair).

In my son's troop, the berets are most popular among the visiting webelos and brand new cross-overs, (but that wears off), and maybe among the oldest scouts who have finally figured out how to make them look cool (forming and shaving) instead of dorky. On the plus side, they're also great for trading at summer camp - that is, until mom and dad find out that "Junior" traded away his $15 beret for a couple of council patches!