Official World "Centenary" Badge, why/why not?

I have seen the official world "Centenary" badge. It is offered for sale on the UK Scouting web page ( http://www.scouting.outdoors.ltd.uk/acatalog/Page.html). It comes in English and many other languages. The price is L2 (about $3 w/shipping).

I called National to ask when it would be availabe through the BSA system. The answer was probably not. They are focusing on the BSA 100 aniversary not the world's. They first said that we could not wear them on our uniforms and then changed their minds to say we could wear them in the "Temp" position.

What gives? What is National's problem with the rest of the world?

Are there any units out there that have purchased the patch?

Are you wearing them? Where? (location)

How is the quality of the patch?

Thank you.

"What gives? What is National's problem with the rest of the world?"

Don't know. I find it very frustrating. I was hoping that BSA NS would carry some of the 2007 items. (am a bit leary of ordering stuff overseas). Even in their World Jamboree catalog they only carry a handful of items from overseas.

"Are there any units out there that have purchased the patch?"

Unaware of any in my area. Only seen one person (a youth) wear the rectangular patch on their uniform, above the right pocket (incorrectly). I think they are going to the World Jamboree, and so they put this patch there.

"Are you wearing them? Where? (location) "

I do not plan on wearing one of these patches. IF I did, it would go on the right pocket. Jamboree patches (which this is not) go above the pocket.

"How is the quality of the patch?" its about what I would expect of overseas patches. Not quite as nice as most I've seen in the USA.

Someone had pointed this out a while back. I was considering canvasing our pack, troop and crew (since we are all under one roof now, I think I'm going to use the UK term of group) and making a mass order.

1.40 for the 7 cm (2 3/4") patch works out to $2.76 at todays rate. Call it $3 even for shipping.

Ed(This message has been edited by epalmer84)