Camp Staff Uniform

dScouter15,

Exactly my point. Unless every person fills out a application and formally registers as a Venturing Crew member the Crew is what is commonly called a "paper unit". It's something made up by the Council and it is not in keeping with proper proceedures. If the SE and Camp Director are making the rules it's not a Venturing Crew. How can you be covered by insurance if you never join the insured group? Someone fills out a Charter and sends it to Texas without applications to support the charter registrations, "Paper unit".

LongHaul

Fellow Venturers and Summer Camp Staff,

Greetings!

If I may add a few comments... My fellow Venturer EMB021, stated it correctly.. but maybe a little too briefly....

Venturers may wear the OA flap, as EMB said. But a Venturing Crew is not allowed to hold elections, OA Elections are only held in the Troop or Team. The Venturer must already have been recognized by his Troop/Team to wear the flap on their OA uniform. (check the Q&A on the oa-bsa.org webpage).

Also, a male Venturer may continue to earn the Boy Scout Ranks if they have already earned First Class Scout in a Troop. They are allowed to wear their Scout rank on the Venturing uniform. Rarely (but it does happen) do units recruit a 14-15 year old brand new Scout. I would expect the uniform guideline allowing male Venturers to wear the rank on their shirt, would be reserved for the First Class Scout rank patch and above; and not for Scout rank thru Second Class rank patches. Essentially, I would not expect to see a 15 y/o Venturer wearing a Tenderfoot Rank patch on their Venturing green uniform shirt.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv