How to get Eagle and God and Country medals

I earned both my Eagle and God and Country awards along time ago. My son just started Tiger Cubs this year and I'm the Den Leader and soon to be CM for the pack. I can't find my awards and am not sure how to go about getting replacements for them. I just want them to show the kids what the real awards look like instead of a picture of them.

Jaffolder,

Greetings!

I would expect duplicate medals are possible to purchase or obtain with the proper credentials.

God and Country medals are awarded by the individual's denomination. But duplicate medals would probably be available via www.praypub.org.

The Eagle Scout Medal is a restricted item. I would expect it is possible to obtain duplicate Eagle Scout medals with the appropriate credentials. Obtaining the duplicate may take some paperwork and verification to affirm you have earned the Eagle rank and were previously awarded. Depending on where you are now and where you grew up as a youth. Your old councils advancement or registrar may have additional credentials of your status of an Eagle Scout. Possibly at least your rank status on annual recharters, reflect Eagle or the various palms in the rank status. Also possibly, An old membership into NESA or an old subscription to the NESA Eagleletter bulletin. But I would expect you would have to deliver these credentials to your current council to obtain a duplicate medal.

Good Luck!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

National Council keeps a master roster of Eagles. The "New Eagle" package from National includes directions on how to obtain duplicate credentials. A visit with your District Executive might be in order.

BTW, when I needed to buy an Eagle medal for my sons' frame (given him by his grandparents), my Scout Shop (Supply Corporation regional shop) didn't bat an eye. Sold me just the medal, had me sign their roster, and thanks for the transaction.

For PRAY, hit their website, www.praypub.org, then give them a call. I suspect they'll be very prompt in sending out a similar medal to what you earned. CAUTION: The medals have changed a bit over time; don't expect what you get today to be identical to what you earned back then.

BTW, for most of your uniform needs, the Eagle and the Religious Award knots (as well as the Arrow of Light knot, if you earned that) should answer the mail.