Knots, Stars, and World Crest

So this is just a theoretical question for me, but at my last training event I did see some people for whom it was apparently a real question.

The World Crest is supposed to be centered vertically between the top of the pocket and the shoulder seam. On my XXL shirt, this leaves about 4" below the crest. Service start take up about an inch (3/8" gap, 5/8" star backing). That leaves room for four rows of knots, if the stars touch the World Crest. Or to look neater, or on any smaller shirt, presumably you'd be limited to three rows of knots.

So what do people do when they get their tenth knot? Do they

1) take the uniform regulations as a sign from BSA that they should only wear their favorite nine knots?

2) stop wearing service stars?

3) move the World Crest up into a technically incorrect position?

Those seem like the only reasonably correct alternatives. I saw a regional Scouter wearing his stars above the World Crest, but this looks glaringly wrong. I guess you could technically stick the stars right into the World Crest, but I can't imagine anyone advocating that as a solution.

What have you seen other people do? Which solution would you recommend? If you have 10 knots, which do you do?

Oak Tree

Well, you could always wear them beside, as well...

http://www.mninter.net/~blkeagle/scoutman.jpg

If you check out Mike Walton's picture of himself in uniform on his site, he's got 5 rows, the world crest, 2 stars, and what looks like the 75th Anniversary Achievement Award over his pocket. All he did was move the crest up, which doesn't look too bad (at least to me, anyway).

Be nice to have this problem, but I've only got 3 right now...hehehe...

Perhaps you should consider the top of the knots as the top of the pocket. Then the World Crest is still centered giving a pleasing appearance, basically like Mike Walton's picture.

This might be bending or breaking the rules, but you can live with it, because if you've got this problem you're already a very "knotty" person. :-)

I'm with Kaji, I've only got 3 now. (but 4 and 5 are getting close).