Replacement religious emblems?

Trevorum wrote, "Can't he wear the medal to Courts of Honor? If not, why is this rule different than an adult wearing his Eagle medal to a CoH?"

The Insignia Guide 2005, concerning the Eagle Award (medal), states, "Adults wear only on formal Eagle occasions." To me, this means that the adult would wear it to Eagle CoHs, not normal troop CoHs. Also note this is specific wording for the Eagle award, there is no such wording for the religious emblem awards. Now, personally, I don't have this dilemma so take what I say with a grain of salt. :)

SWScouter

I'm not sure I understand why adults wish to wear the medals they are authorized to wear. I don't even wear all the square knots to which I'm entitled. I do wear the ones I think carry the most weight in doing my job. I also wear my Eagle medal if I am actually presenting an Eagle. I wear my Silver Beaver if I go to a Silver Beaver ceremony, but then I usually wear the blue blazer instead of whites.

I was in the Air Force for 30 years and only wore my (miniature) medals about five times. We had to wear our ribbons on our dress blue blouse, but I didn't have to wear that much either.

But to answer Kaji's original question: I would much prefer to have the original medal rather than a replacement. The original has history, even if it's a little worse for wear.