Another MB sash question

It has been posted that the merit badge is only worn to for formal events such as CoHs. Fair enough and easy to agree with. However, my question is - for den chiefs should/may they wear their MB Sash to formal Pack events such as Pack Meetings, B&G, Bridging Over? These aren't troop activities but they are formal events for the Pack.

Nephew is my den chief and I ask him to wear his sash for Pack meetings but would cease if it is considered an inappropriate time/place to wear his sash.

Thanks as always

YiS

Michelle

Sure, why not. Formal Pack events are a great time for the Cubs to see a BS in full blown uniform.

My guy doesn't seem to fond of wearing it for ANY event. I think it is because he got a regular size & now, at 6'4", 200 lbs, it is a bit uncomfortable on him! Oh well, he will NOT be wearing it on his belt, as is the fashion for some of the older boys.

"It has been posted that the merit badge is only worn to for formal events such as CoHs. Fair enough and easy to agree with. However, my question is - for den chiefs should/may they wear their MB Sash to formal Pack events such as Pack Meetings, B&G, Bridging Over? These aren't troop activities but they are formal events for the Pack. "

It doesn't matter they aren't troop activities. If they are formal scouting events, that is fine. A district or council awards banquet, eagle banquest, etc, would also count.

There is no 'restriction' on wearing the sash, just that outside of formal events, its a bit 'show-offy'. I am also concerned when I see scouts wearing the sash at events like: OA Sectional events, NOACs, Jambo, etc. If they lose it, its a bit expensive to replace them. They should have left them at home for more appropriate occasions.

There is a time and place to wear merit badge sashs. Formal events is the time. Other activities it probably isn't.

Thanks all. I will continue to ask him to wear his sash once a month for the Pack meetings. Now if I could just get it to stay on...the small is too small and the large is too large....I didn't see any mediums at our Scout shop and he refuses to let me alter it in any fashion so it fits better.

YiS

Michelle

"I will continue to ask him to wear his sash once a month for the Pack meetings. Now if I could just get it to stay on...the small is too small and the large is too large....I didn't see any mediums at our Scout shop and he refuses to let me alter it in any fashion so it fits better."

As I mentioned, what some mothers have done is attach a little loop underneath the top of the sash that can attach to the epaulet button and prevent it from sliding off. You can't see this loop at the top, so no-one should get upset.