Proper disposal of ruined uniforms

"My son just became a Webelos I and I will be taking his old blue cub scout uniform and making a shadowbox display for him."

I got started on this project yesterday. Removed all the badges from his blue cub shirt. Removed the pocket and BSA strip over the pocket. Removed the back of the shirt and measured the max size it would cover. Michael's craft store was having a 40% off shadow box frames this week. Was able to get a 14x18 frame for $25, regularly $40. The frame is plenty deep, has hinges so the lid can be opened, and the lid is held shut via magnets.

Removed the back of the frame, draped the shirt back over the back of the frame, centered the pocket, and began laying out the badges. Determined that the pocket needed to be below center to fit the CSP and pack number above the pocket when I included the BSA strip. Pinned the pocket and strip in place. Since we don't have a sewing machine, I dropped it off at the tailors across the street. It will be ready Tuesday for $8. Yeah, yeah $8 is a lot to sewn on a pocket but it is cheaper than buying a sewing machine.

The offical one from the store is $51. It is only 11x14. I bought the frame and paid for sewing for a total of $33. I have some spray adhesive left over but if I didn't add $5 for a total of $38. I save $13, have a larger area to display more badges, and best of all it is the actual shirt he wore.

A Scout is thrify.