What the Uniform should be...

What the Uniform should be?

It should be worn correctly.

It should be the sign of a Lad who belongs to a program that is filled with fun and adventure.

It should be worn by adults who are enthusiastic and doing everything they can to ensure that the program is filled with fun and adventure.

No uniform will ever be right for every activity so don't wear it to go swimming, wear something else.

Eamonn.

The uniform washes and wears easily even after being worn on a campout. The failure is then only a perceived one but is easily rectified. One can even take a shower in it but the uniform then must be taken off to be ironed. It is also possible to continue wearing it after the shower and to "walk it dry".

FB

How many uniforms do we really need?

BSA all ready has 3:

class A: full dress

class B: Scout activity shirt

class C: troop shirt

What I would like to see is the cost of the pants drop $36.00 is to much. Yes I know they wear like a suit of armor, my 2 boys out grew them before they were worn out. I put their old uniforms in our Troop swap box,where they are being worn for the 4th time.

I mean that you can go to almost any store and buy green cargo pants/shorts for $15.00 and less.

I will be the first to admit the uniform isn't perfect. I could wright a book compaining about it.

However, I don't know of any other solution that would really be better in a universal sense of the word. I can think of many options that would be better in some ways in certain situations. Yet, I can't think of anything that would be better without being worse in some other way.

We could have lower cost, but then we would either have lower quality or have to settle for the risks of sweat shop labor and the like.

We could have a better uniform for outings, but then it wouldn't be as good for meetings and ceremonies.

We could have a uniform for ceremonies and meetings but it would be even more useless for outings.

What we have now is a decent uniform that makes everyone equally happy/unhappy.

We can't make an improvement in one area without making a sacrifice in another.

Oh, there really is only two variants of the uniform, so far as I can tell.

There is a "field" and an "activities" uniform. The field uniform is the official, complete, BSA uniform. The activities uniform is a mix of the official uniform pieces with a shirt and hat selected to be appropriate for the activity. (Troop t-shirts or BSA activity shirts will work.)

There is no A B C D or any other letter.