Vintage BSA Patches

Last week, I asked the Troop QM and all of the individual patrol QMs to come to the CO building and help clean out our Scout closet. Low and behold I found a nice wooden board display, circa 1968 which had all of the merit badges, youth position patches and many adult position patches.

Now, can anyone direct me to a web site that shows the official patches from this era? I've seen many commercial sites with patches for sale (ala eBay, etc.). I've come across some before but did not bookmark them.

For example, one of the patches (rectangular) has a musical harp. I'm assuming that this is a youth position patch, but for what? I know it is not for bugler. Also, one of the merit badges has a V on the left, an X on the right and in the middle a vertical rod which the bottom is black and the top silver. At first I was thinking periodic table and test tube (chemistry) but that is not it.

There were four "Scoutmaster" patches. The old green/silver Scoutmaster badge was one. If I remember corectly, I think that SA badge was the same as the SM but with a different color border; gold (SA) vs. silver (SM). Is this correct?

Anyhow, if anyone can lead me to a on-line reference I'd be grateful.

The "VX" merit badge was Hiking. The V and X were roman numerals signifying 5 and 10 miles. There is a black shoe in the middle with an "XX" on it, signifying 20 miles.

The rectangular patch with the harp is "Musician", which was used by some troops who had bands or drum and bugle corps...I've seen it worn on the right sleeve, left sleeve and there is a 1930s uniform shirt on eBay right now with one sewn on the right pocket. It is relatively rare.

You are correct on the SM and SA badges. The ones with mylar borders signified "Trained" leaders. I don't know of a web site of historical insignia. Best bet is to get an Insignia Guide or other literature of that era.