Boy Scout World Conservation Award

I think that a better location for this AWARD would be above the right pocket across from the World Crest on the Left side.

Currently it should be worn on the Right Pocket in the "Temporary Patch" Position.

This is not a Temp patch. It is an Award.

I know that the location I am suggesting is where the Jamboree Patch goes but far more boys will have the oportunity to earn this award than go to the National Jamboree.

If this does not work, maybe a new knot?

What do you think?

I believe that's were the award used to go on the Cub Scout uniform. The current Insignia Guide shows it as a temporary patch, however. I think above the pocket was a better location for all the reasons you listed, expecially for Cubs as they also wear the Progress Toward Ranks totem or the Webelos Compass emblem on the right pocket. Even without the WCA, it's not uncommon to see a Cub (incorrectly) wearing several things hanging from the right pocket.

Not only does the Jam. patch go above the right pocket but also the Gettuysburg Segmented Patch Award. I'm very proud to wear it and now i finally got the newer 5th part of the patch "Historic Trail with the BSA sign". I kind of agree with it being placed on the merit Badge sash but i would like to see it above the left pocket but not with the World Crest. Just alone. Of course when the boy turns 18 they would have to replace it with the world crest if they chose to wear it.

Honestly i'm not to sure but i think the council who distributes the patches was given permission from national to have the patch worn on the uniform abovew the right pocket. Everyone in my council who has the patch wears it that way and most likely the same in other councils.

(I'm in the Susquehanna Council)

York Adams Council Web site:

http://www.yaac-bsa.org/activities/gettysburg/gettysburg(a).htm

Just to confirm it i think i'll send them an email though.(This message has been edited by JimmyD)