Unit looking for used "Unit Flag" - the one with a red top half, white bottom, and green logo in center. Recently changed sponsors. Former sponsor would like our old flag for museum room, but Troop cannot afford to replace it. Scout shop charges an insane amount of money for the new flags. Have searched eBay and nothing so far. If your unit has a flag you are willing to sell, email me directly at or put it for sale on eBay. Thanks.

P.S. Asking the former sponsor to replace flag is not an option as it was a military unit and that would not be allowed.

KICC, WELCOME!!!

I'm surprised, but pleased, the old CO can place your flag in their museum room.

I'm sure you've been down this road, but wouldn't your new CO be the likely purchasers of your Unit Flag??

Sounds like a quick hitting fund raiser is in your future! I'm sure you can come up with a hundred ideas. Here's an obscure one -- "schoolpop.com". They could turn out to be a good long term on-going fund supplier, but they also have a "E-Bay Auction" technique that can net you some quick money.

Anyone, if you shop on the internet check out "schoolpop". Billions and Billions of $$$ are spent on internet shopping - there's no reason your unit shouldn't get a touch ---- or just sign up and send your contributions to "Cub Scout Pack 56"!!!!!!

jd

The troop I am with now has never had an "official" troop flag.

Some time ago, a mother designed and hand-made a flag that pretty much follows the troop logo on our neckerchief. Fortunately, it does have a red and white main field, although it is split left/right rather than the official flag's horizontal striping.

At any rate, the boys love the flag, and that is what matters. My bottom line is, there are always alternatives. You don't buy all official camping equipment, very likely, so don't feel pressured into buying an "official flag."

jack messick