Need Information on a Patch

I currently own a 1981 Southwest Michigan Council patch made for the National Jamboree that year. It is shaped like a shield and has Snap, Crackle, and Pop on it dressed as Revolutionary War Fife and Drummers. It also has Copyright 1981 Kellogg Company (the council has Kellogg's in its borders) on it. From what I was told, the council had to pay Kellogg's a fee for every one of these patches produced. I think it is pretty valuable and would like to see where I could get it appraised (I'm divesting my collection). Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could get a fair appraisal of its worth?

I know the patch of which you speak.

It was a temporary patch and was a joint venture between the Southwest Michigan Council (office in Kalamazoo) and Kellogg. It was supposed to have a value of about $500 at the time.

There are patch collector's guides out there with prices. Perhaps that patch is listed. I do believe, however, that the patch never hit the value expected at the time of production.

While it is rare (and I'm not a patch trader, I just remember that particular patch) it was meant to be a temporary patch. The value of those never seem to climb very high.

This may be a patch that is a better coaster for your cold beverage than it is a source of retirement income.

Sorry to be the bringer of potentially bad tidings. I do appreciate the memory of that patch. My old man had one on the coffee table in the 1980's. We used it as a coaster.

Unc.