Merit Badge Counselor registration

Ok I am assuming that SCOUTNET doesn't allow the ability to differentiate whether a MBC works with a particular unit or anyone one because the programmers never thought of that.

This MBC list is a very BIG deal in my district for th past 4 years and 2 people have made that as part of their WB tickets. That's how messed up it is in my neck of the woods.

Anyway in reference to some questions

MBCs are part of the district committee. once they fill out the form, they are part of the district's charter. They only have to fill out one application. Once on the charter they should be contacted to see if they will continue. If so the name remains, if not they are scratched out.

The MBC list is produced via SCOUTNET. However I do not believe SCOUTNET allows you to list the MBs you teaach. I could be wrong on that last one and if so please tell me. Any way we have someone whose WB ticket is to make a District MBC Rooster, as opposed to a unit one as the original WBer did. So he gets to make a bunch of phone calls, list the MBs, etc.

In the past my district printed a booklet for each troop and bound a copy for the public library. But that came from district volunteers, not council.

If you want to get technical, since they are registered witht he district committee, they should have a separete uniform shirt with no unit number and the Dist. Committee POR and silver loops. In all actuality if they are active in scouting, they will probably wear their primary POR shirt, and if they are not active in scouting, regular clothes.