Training needed for Nature Boat Trip at Park ??

Yep, sure do!

According to G2SS: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/GSS/gss02.aspx

You need to have 1 trained adult for every 10 people and a minimum of two adults for any group.

"All supervisors must complete BSA Safety Afloat ans Safe Swim Defense training and rescue training for the type of watercraft to be used in the activity, and at least one must be trained in CPR."

and according to G2SS:

"BSA groups shall use Safety Afloat for all boating activities. Adult leaders supervising activities afloat must have completed Safety Afloat training within the previous two years. Cub Scout activities afloat are limited to council or district events that do not include moving water or float trips (expeditions). Safety Afloat standards apply to the use of canoes, kayaks, rowboats, rafts, floating tubes, sailboats, motorboats (including waterskiing), and other small craft, but do not apply to transportation on large commercial vessels such as ferries and cruise ships."

The kicker is determining if a 30 passnger boat operated by a state entity is considered commercial or not.

I'd call your council to see what they say.

I would file the tour permit, treat it as a commercial boat. That way you know for sure what your council thinks of the activity, I have had things approved by phone only to have the tour permit rejected.

I would just make sure you have adequate supervision for the boys.