SPL going to roundtable meetings?

Around 7 (ish) years ago I was elected as SPL in my Troop. I had attended RT before, tagging along with my Dad who was a Cubmaster at the time. My Troop's adult leaders rarely attended RT back then, and I began to go simply to relay the info to my Troop. A few other youth would regularly attend and in 2002 the District decided to have a completely youth-planned Camporee. It went very well and further increased my interest in going.

That same year I was introduced to the Order of the Arrow by a presentation done by our Dist. Commissioner/Chapter Advisor. At that point our Chapter had been virtually nonexistent and our Troop had not had elections in at least 6 years. I was elected and went through my Ordeal that year, and the following January I was recruited (as I was the only OA youth regularly attending) to be our first Chapter Chief in several years.

My attending RT was a major springboard for my OA involvement which led to me serving as camp staff, as Lodge Chief, and (for another few days) Section Chief.

Sure it is another time commitment, and today's youth are busier than ever, but it can't hurt to give them the invitation to attend the RT, and can further build their interest in the program.