A Scouting Crossfit Team Possible?

For those of you who don't know, Crossfit is an organization dedicated to forging and finding the most elite athletes in the world. Their competitions, are massive to say the least. Going from regionals, to nationals, to international holdings of the Crossfit Games. You do not sign up for events, there are four events chosen at random that test your combination of speed, power, and endhurance.

I was wondering if it could be possible to form a scouting crossfit team. This is for anyone who thinks they may be interested or if they know someone who could qualify.

A Crossfit team must be composed of 5 people, at least 2 of each gender, the 5th person can be either gender.

I'm looking for the 5 most athletically skilled boy/girl scouts in the country. An official boy/girl scout crossfit team would be huge, and I'm sure with enough effort, the BSA and GSA would approve of it and make it official.

anyone think it's possible or know anyone who might fit the bill?

Yeah SoS, not quite sure what you're askin'.

If you're just looking for a group of 5 scouts to compete in da regional/national games, we've got no easy way of doin' that. Scouting, by and large, is a distributed, local movement. Each individual troop is owned and operated by a community agency which franchises the program. There's no easy way of tryin' to identify the 5 best scout athletes in the country, though no doubt we have a lot of athletes among our very large membership.

If you're sayin' you'd like to work with kids in your area as a Kids Crossfit affiliate and do so with the help of the Scouting program, that's certainly possible, eh? You can charter a Venturing Crew (coed, high school to early college aged youth) that wants to specialize in that, or you can charter a Team (boys only, high school aged) to do the same thing. You can also set up a Learning for Life Explorer Post (coed, high school to early college with no membership restrictions based on religion/sexual preference).

Whichever way yeh choose, you get the Boy Scouts of America's or Learning for Life's help in terms of tryin' to teach adults how to set up a program and avoid traps and pitfalls, plus insurance coverage and access to our facilities. It might work for yeh. I'll be honest, though, we really don't have any crossfit materials or guidance to give, so if yeh do it you might want to also charter as a CrossFit affiliate for that kind of support.

An alternative if you're really interested in more of a national focus is to try to pitch your idea to the program people at our National Office in Irving, Texas. I'll be honest that I don't think they'll be a hugely receptive bunch, but yeh might be able to encourage some sort of partnership. They might promote CrossFit trainin' in an issue of Boys' Life (though from da look of things online CrossFit seems to be a proprietary for-profit entity, which would probably make our featuring or endorsing it not possible. But yeh can always take out advertisements in Boys' Life!).

Hope that helps,

Beavah