I'm happy to say that Rory and Friday are well and doing fine.

We still go on our "Big Long Walks".

Rory who will be four this Christmas is starting to settle down a bit.

He still loves muddy puddles and eating!

Rory sees the world as one big smrgsbord.

Right now he is enjoying the apples that have fallen and the odd ear of corn.

I tried picking blackberries, my plan was too make some unbaked pies and freeze them. But when picking became "One for me, one for Rory" there just wasn't enough berries!

Friday will soon have been with us for a year.

We still have no idea what breed she might be or what breeds are there?

I tell her all the time that she is not my dog, as she snuck in one day while I was at work.

Somehow I don't think she believes me. She sits on one side, Rory sits on the other. She has a little pink belly which she likes to have rubbed. He gets jealous and gives me his paw.

She will jump up on my lap and lick my ear.

I never thought that I'd like having a small dog, but I was wrong she is a really nice dog and lots of fun.

We of course still miss Joe our English Setter who died last October.

Her Who Must Be Obeyed really took him leaving very badly and still talks about "Her Joe" and what a great dog he was.

I know that Joe was a very special fellow and that he can never be replaced, but I'm hoping that maybe another English Setter will help ease the heart break that she is feeling.

In order to make this happen I contacted the Keepsake English Setter & Black Dog Rescue.

We have picked out an English Setter named Ollie.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11379403

These rescue people do a great job of ensuring that the dogs go to a good home. We filled in all sorts of application forms, had interviews and a home visit.

We were finally approved!!

Ollie is in foster care in Detroit, Michigan. So I have to drive there and pick him up.

As yet Ollie doesn't have a middle name (Rory is Rory Robert, Friday who moved in on a Friday is Friday Louise) What ever we choose to go with can't start with a J.

We already have an OJ.

Any ideas are welcome.

Eamonn.