100th Annivesary Logo

I think it's a good LOGO and will help convey the message. Remember this is a LOGO and not a PATCH. There's a big difference usually.

I congratulate the young man that won this contest and everyone that participated in it.

Now that we have the LOGO, we can start designing PATCHES to show it off, and the sky's the limit.

"An old heavily pitted scout axe next to a GPS devise or some other juxtaposition might have been more interesting."

A heavily pitted Scout ax would be an example of BAAAD Scouting. No edged tool should ever be allowed to rust and develop pits.

Pappy, we've always known that you've had some strange ideas about Scouting but this just clinches it.

Good point- I meant an antique looking scout axe and or tomamhawk, and a new high tech deveice. Sorry my point was lost in my poor choice of wording.

I don't take back my initial critique of the "logo". It is a bore- only to be enjoyed by the boring.

When I look at it- I am reminded only that 100 years has not been very good to BSA if that is the best it can do. The stuff from the teens and depression era was loads better than that thing.

I really could care less that a scout helped a professional graphic artist create it. (That is exactly waht it looks like).

I would have been impressed if the thing had actually been good. THis logo is a visual wash, like so much of the visual crap that official BSA has passed out in the last few decades.

Pappy(This message has been edited by Pappy)