CD or DVD of Scouting Videos

Okay all you Scouters out there,

During the last few months I have left messages on various groups when I have uploaded various BSA commercials and videos to my youtube acount.

( http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=stevejb68 )

Quite a few of you have asked me how you could get copies of these videos to use within your troops, districts, and councils. My first response usually was to check with your local council. Unfortunately, it seems there are districts and councils out there that do not seem to have access to these videos, which is a shame. Why doesn't the National Office make these videos easily accessable to everyone to promote Scouting? After all, I don't see the videos used by the National Office on television or anywhere else.

When people have not been able to get them from their council I have offered to send them a CD of videos (320x240 in size) in exchange for their council strip patch. I don't feel like I can in good concience take money for the videos because they are not mine. An exchange of a patch for a CD I have no problem with, and neither has anyone else.

Lately, I have had people ask about getting the videos on DVD. You ask, and this time you will receive! I have compiled a DVD of 16 Scouting promos, commercials, and videos. The DVD includes:

Scouting commericals featuring - Trustworthy, Helpful, Obedient, Thrifty, and Reverent.

Scouting commercials featuring - Baby Talk, Jim Lovell, and Steve Young

Scouting shows including - The Scout Zone, What Parents Say, a promo for the 2007 world jamboree, and the five Scouting Inspirational films.

I would like to offer those of you who are interested a chance to get either a CD or a DVD of these videos to use within your troops and districts. I will do the same patch exchange for the CD of the videos.

The DVD's take more time to burn (DVD-R), and of course they cost more in materials. I patch would not be a very good trade on my part for this DVD. However, I don't feel I should be charging for something that I am sure the BSA owns the copyrights to. And then there are the shipping costs. The dvd's and cases will cost more to ship then a simple CD. (I will ship them in a DVD case, not a cd case.) If you wish to have one of these DVD's write me and we will see what we can work out.

Don't forget to keep watching the videos on youtube or our troop's website. It is great to see the number of hits rise each week. It proves to me that there is a need to get these videos out where people and boys can see them.

Steve B

Scoutmaster, Troop 68, CMC

http://www.melrosetroop68.org