In a chartering organization, that charters more than one Scout unit (Example, a Cub Pack, Scout Troop, Varsity Team, Venturing Crew), can each unit have a separate Chartered Organization Representative, or does one COR have to cover all units chartered by the same organization?

Thanks.

The Charter Organization Representative, just as the name implies, represents the organization and not the individual scouting units that it supports. So regardless of the number of units each Charter organization has only one representative, one vote on the district and or council committee.

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. As I understand it, the COR actually is actually a registered member of a unit. At least in our unit they are.

What about a situation where a chartered organization charters two units from the same program level - for example, two Boy Scout Troops, and the COR is registered in one troop but not the other and appears to favor the unit they are registered in???

While the CR is a registered positon they only pay thruough one unit and would duplivate with the other units for that CO. In the very rare and unusual event that a CO chartered two of the same units they still only get ONE representative. The Charter Organization Representative represents the CO's scouting program no matter how much of the program they use.

Well, I'm registered to a pack that is chartered by a Catholic church. The church also charters a troop. The pack and the troop each have their own COR. How this happened, I can't say, I just know that that is the way it is.

SWScouter

What happened was that someone made a mistake and the council registrar missed it. OR that the pack and troop are chartered by separate organizations within the church. For instance, if the Catholic grade school in the parish actually held the charter on the pack and the church held the charter on the troop as is the case in the district I live in.

Like I said, I can't say how it happened. Whether it was a mistake or not, there is a different COR for the pack and the troop. Both are registered by the church and the pastor is the one who signs the charters.

SWScouter

SW and Owl

What Bob states is correct there is only one COR for each charter organization, no matter how many units it charters. However the COR is also the only position that can have a dual position in a unit, a COR can also be the CC of the unit, which can be an advantage because that gets the CO more actively involved in the unit instead of just a name on the charter.

One more time. The church is the chartering organization for both a pack and a troop. There is no "official COR," each unit has its own COR. This may not be normal or even correct but it is the way it is.

SWScouter