Eagle announcement in newspaper

I'm not sure what you mean by "program," but I used the same scout bio information included in request for letters of commendation to write up a press release for the newspaper's "Scout Corner" for my son's Eagle announcement.

First talk to your newspaper, and find out what THEY would like. You might want to get a picture of the Eagle with his completed project, and a little write up about why he did the project. Also some non-scout info is nice (things like quarterback for football team, manager basketball team, president of chess club, local juvenile deliquent, what ever) One of the nicest things about Scouting, is how different each Scout is. Good luck, but really talk to your local paper and see what they are looking for.

• 1 month later...

You HAVE to include (in my opinion) a paragraph listing the amount of fun and training the Eagle Scout has experienced.

Rather than list the number of merit badges, count the number of campouts he's been on (mine was on over 40), mention each high adventure camp separately, junior leadership training, order of the arrow, etc., etc.

This usually adds up to an impressive resume, but it also clues the community in to just what makes Scouting so valuable. It sells scouting!