In another post, Captain Ron said:

First:

I was given the "remains" of my old Scout Board (a framed collection of all my patches/rank/etc). My Parents had it until they moved and it was lost/destroyed.

I was able to recover most of everything but one MB, "Astronomy" (which I earned in the late 70s). I DO NOT have my old "Blue card".

How can I get a replacement for it?

Also:

My Eagle Certificate was beat up pretty bad. I was going to send for a "Duplicate" from National (I have the form).

QUESTION: Will the new Certificate have the "Current" President, etc. on it? Or will it have Ronald Reagan on it like my old one? Are they the Same design?

I know this sounds abit silly, but I have been told everything under the rainbow about this and I need some facts.

Thanks.

HERE IS MY REPLY

Concerning this issue, when I was given my merit badges, they were accompanied by a Pocket MB Certificate signed by the Scoutmaster. Check if you have that certificate.

If not, check with the council that you earned the Merit badge and ask if they can check their records of them.

Also, concerning the duplicate certificate, I am about to get myself a duplicate. I'll let you know about it.(This message has been edited by htc1992eaglescout47553)

While a little off the topic.

Some years back I mislaid my Wood Badge certificate. I wrote to Gilwell Park they not only send me a duplicate signed by the chief scout of that time they even managed to find the course photo and sent that as well all at no cost.

Eamonn

i don't know about the paperwork or BSA requirements, but if you want to replace your 'old style' astronomy badge with a 1970's replacement, check e-bay and the collector boards. there's alot of BSA memorabila being sold out there as collector's items.

In fact, Our troop is SO old (90 years) and we have lots of old pins and awards. Don't know if we have any badges, but i will check with our advancement chair who is enthralled with such stuff and an Eagle himself from the early 80's. If we have one, I'll let you know!

laura