Im thinking about rejoining my boyscout troop, I quit three years ago and now I'm about 16 as a second class scout do you think I could get life or eagle scout? I am almost 1st class all I need is a scout master conference and bor

Go talk to your SM and ask if he can go through it with you. But, is Eagle the only reason you want to come back? Is it the deal breaker? If your SM says, "Well, I don't know. You might only get to Life," will you throw up your hands and just walk away?

BTW, Eagle is probably possible, depending on your birthdate, if you work hard and are able to fulfill all the Positions of Responsiblility, get your MBs done, and your project.

But, don't take my word for it. Ask you SM.

It depends on a couple of things. First, how old are you? You need to be a 1st class scout for four (4) months before you can earn Star; you have to be a Star scout for 6 months before you can earn Life and you have to be a Life scout for 6 months before you can earn Eagle. That is a year and four months from your 1st class BOR. If you are older than 16 years 8 months then you can make it to Life but not Eagle.

Assuming that you are not too old to have time before your 18th birthday, the second question is how badly do you want to do this? It is a lot of work, you will have to be active in your troop to get the leadership requirements in and you will need to work on a lot of merit badges. If you want to do it you can make it happen but it is totally up to you.

Have you talked to your Scoutmaster? If you want to pursue this you should not waste a minute. You need to get re-registered in the troop and get 1st class ASAP.

Is it worth it? I think so. I dropped out of scouts at 2nd class and never restarted. It was due to a family move overseas and not a matter of choice. While I do not regret the way things worked out I do wish I could have earned Eagle. My son is an Eagle and I think he would say go for it; but ultimately the question is do you want it?

Good luck,

YIS

Hal