District RT in need of help

Fellow Scouters,

Last Wednesday was our District Roundtable, which centered on re-construction. I couldn't be too much help, because it was my first RT as an adult leader. However, the general topic was how to re-build the meetings...we had to start over from scratch, even a new DRTC. Our biggest problem, which led it to this, is attendance. We might, on a good night, be represented by a total of 8 units (out of 40-something) and a few district committee people. What I found to be kind of self-defeating, is the fact that we have a room of the same 12-15 people trying to decide how to improve these meetings; yet, what would improve the meetings is a higher attendance rate, and more than just the same ol' faces. I could at least understand if all the units were represented by just one person...the solution would be have each person bring someone new.

So, my question is: How do we revitalize these roundtables, and increase attendance? Also, I apologize if the above seemed like incoherent rambling...I was just trying to get all my thoughts in order.

Yours in Scouting,

Ryan Nugent

ASM, Troop 246

Cradle of Liberty

Favorite zombie phrase, "bring more brains".

So, go to the unrepresented Troops/Packs, and make a personal invitation to go. You don't have to be the RT chair to ask someone to come. Especially new leaders.

Now the RT chair needs to offer something worth coming for:

"local where to go what to do" roadmap/guide

Naturalist magazines (usually free from your local soil/conserv. office

CPR training

Webelos Transition stuff

Where to get Den chiefs from? And how to attract them.

Info not publish anywhere in council or on the calender yet, at least 2 months out.

Freebies, like coupons to local attractions (Scout-friendly)

Info on activities/events prior to publication by council.

Stuff like that.