Scouting Contacts with Qatar Scout Assn?

Hi all,

I am the Cubmaster for Cub Scouts Pack 3947 in Doha, Qatar. I'm trying to locate a contact with the Qatar national scouting organization, to arrange some joint activities.

Thus far, my phone messages to Mr. Mahmoud Abdullah (Commissioner of the Qatar Scouts Assn) have gone unanswered, and I have no email address for him.

Anyone know any one else I could contact to set up joint activities with Qatar scouting units?

Thanks,

mark

• 4 months later...

Dear Mark,

You may want to visit the Qatar Scout Association personally to make an arrangement with them. In case you do not know the location, here is the instruction:

1. The qatar scout association locate between airport/sail roundabout and the parachute roundabout.

2. turn right (if you come from airport roundabout) after the "Shop Rite"

3. all the way until you pass one roundabout. You will soon find a division of "air tariff police" on the right hand side.

4. Qatar scout association is about 100m from the traffic police and it is on your right. You can see a big sign board out there on the wall.

5. They close at 1.30p.m

It is indeed very hard to find their location, because most of their staffs only speak arabic and Hindi.

Or, you may want to get direct contact with the local school here. One of them is a Pakistan school there which run a troop with english speaking members.

regards

Henry Tan at Doha now

8 June 2005