A new troop home-- Maybe?

Okay, visited the nearest troop tonight. This one is not officially connected to our pack but is unofficially because we meet at the same place. My son seemed to have fun. Wow, they have some fun and cool stuff coming up! Of course he can't admit to much fun to Mom. He did point out to me the "boring" part of the meeting. So sorry, you have to live through boring. It was only "boring" because you haven't been working on the skills they have and it lasted all of 10 minutes. That game at the end sure looked like fun and what about that campout where you get to teach stuff to Webelos and that bowling night and those bike trips...............

What a week! And it's only TUESDAY!

Its Trail Day,

My son crossed over a year ago, joined a troop, by fall had given up and hated the troop, refused to go. This troop we went to last night has had major leadership changes since we first visited it a year and a half ago.

I asked one of the boys to say something to my son about how much fun they were having. The boy did mention it to son. Son can't tell me what was said but "I'll guess I'll go".

The SM and ASM's want him to stay. The ASM is also the CM that I'm replacing. The SM wants more of the ASM's time, so the SM is interested in making sure I am good at being CM. Most of that troop came from our pack, so they are willing to help me be CM and to help me personally by trying to keep my son in the troop. They don't want to see the pack fold.

I see good things down the road for my family and the pack. The troop is willing to be involved with the pack, my son will be getting back into scouting with a good troop, and I will be having fun with the Cubs.